UNIQUELY DIFFERENT, BETTER TOGETHER
BENCHMARK GLOBAL HOSPITALITY AND PYRAMID HOTEL GROUP ANNOUNCE MERGER
Two storied hotel and resort management companies have aligned forces, creating one powerhouse organization strategically positioned for the future of the global hospitality industry: Benchmark Pyramid. With a worldwide portfolio of 210 properties and annual operating revenue under management of more than $3 billion, the new company captures the passions and unique strengths of Benchmark Global Hospitality, a celebrated leader in the development and management of independent and lifestyle properties, and Pyramid Hotel Group, with its history of success across branded/franchise and resort properties. Benchmark Pyramid’s combined centers of excellence will make it the property manager and employer of choice as it delivers improved and accelerated results focused on service to owners and hotel guests.
BENCHMARK GLOBAL HOSPITALITY
- Provider of world-class services for resorts, hotels, conference centers, and exclusive private clubs.
- Owner focused, guest dedicated, and employee centric.
- Leading and largest third-party manager of independent and experiential hotels, resorts, and conference centers.
- Only third-party operator with a consumer-forward engagement strategy.
- Operates four platforms: Benchmark Resorts & Hotels, Gemstone Collection, Benchmark Conference Centers, and Owner Advisory Group
- Founded 1980
- Annual operating revenue under management ~$1B
- Engaged team members 10,000+
- Properties under management/asset management 59
- Guestrooms 11,000+
PYRAMID HOTEL GROUP
- Global coverage across the United States, Caribbean, and Europe.
- Consistently ranked in top 5 by revenues in Hotel Magazine’s Top ThirdParty Hotel Management Companies.
- Broad management expertise across branded full-service, select-service, independent, resorts as well as Five-Star and FiveDiamond properties.
- Brings a robust business intelligence platform and analytical tools across the enterprise.
- Exceptionally strong purchasing leverage from scale of platform.
- Robust acquisition and development platform – $1.8B of assets during the past 5 years.
- Founded 1999
- Annual operating revenue under management $1.1B
- Engaged team members 12,000+
- Properties under management/asset management 86
- Guestrooms 18,000+
HAMILTON HOTEL PARTNERS
- Independent, world-class hotel operator, offering hotel management, asset management, and development services across Europe.
- Headquartered in London, the multicultural and multilingual team also operates from bases in Dublin, Antwerp, and Madrid.
- Provides depth and local experience on a panEuropean basis, with management operations in 65 hotels across 6 countries in the region.
- The group’s platform and experience allows them to offer unrivaled service to private equity and institutional investors across the continent.
- Founded 2004
- Annual operating revenue under management $800M
- Engaged team members 5,000
- Properties under management/asset management 65
- Guestrooms 12,396
INVESTORS & PARTNERS
GENCOM AND TZP GROUP
Gencom is an investor in Benchmark and is one of the country’s leading investors and operators of luxury hospitality assets and hospitality management platforms.
- Completed several significant single-asset, portfolio, and platform transactions including a REIT IPO, brands, and management companies.
- Impressive track record has led to significant ventures with top institutional investors, prominent family groups, and other strategic partners, both domestically and internationally.
- 100+ Hotel assets owned and operated since inception
- $68B+ Combined transaction volume since inception in 1987
- $2B+ In current assets under management
TZP is an investor in Pyramid and is primarily focused on private equity investments in business services and consumer companies.
- Completed major transactions across a variety of sectors, including consumer products & e-commerce, sales & marketing services & content, travel & hospitality, real estate logistics & services, outsourced administrative services, and tech & tech-enabled services.
- Named to Inc.'s 2020 list of “The 50 Best Private Equity Firms for Entrepreneurs and Founders"
- $2B+ Capital raised since inception in 2007
- >$10M EBITA targeted by TZP Group Capital Partners in potential acquisitions
- $30-$100M Typical equity investment made by TZP Group Capital Partners